Saturday, November 24, 2007

Secret Ingredient Tuesday

I had been tossing around this idea for some time. I love the show Iron Chef. One of the things that always amazes me is that they are given a secret ingredient and have to come up with 5 courses to serve to the judges based around that ingredient.

I thought it would be fun to start a weekly meme where I toss out a secret ingredient and the participants would each post 5 recipes on their blog using that secret ingredient. They could be recipes that you have tried, recipes that you have been wanting to try out but haven't yet, or even recipes that you found on the net.

If you use a recipe found in a book, I do ask that you give credit to the author of the book. Besides, if we like the recipe enough, we might just go searching for the book!

Once you have your recipes up on your blog, post a comment on this blog so we knew you are up. Then go visiting the other participants to find some new recipes to try out.

If you have any suggestions that you would like to see for secret ingredients, feel free to suggest them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Wakela. It is really nice idea. I will be a follower of this eventhough I think I cannot really participate because I am not a good cook.I might be able to learn from you.

Take care!

Betty said...

Wakela, I think this is a really good idea. You are so creative, and I love visiting your blog almost daily.